Have you ever had a bad day that made you regret the decisions that put you in the situation that lead to that bad day?
I used to think a bad day was just that — a bad day. Maybe it was the universe telling me I needed to be knocked down a peg, my biweekly karma cleanse, or just the falling dominoes from running into one too many idiots that day. Whatever it was, I'd eventually get over it or it would work itself out. But ever since moving to Florida a month ago, every time I've had a bad day — three for those who are keeping track — I have ended up in tears wondering if I made the wrong decision to move. Does that ever go away?
Let me back up a little bit. I took a job at a paper in Florida and moved me, myself and I down here to the humid land of eternal sunshine and lizards. I fully plan on explaining the sequence of events that lead to my relocation, just in a semi-discombobulated, reverse order and not in this post.
Anyways, I don't know if my recent freak outs stem from A. stress escaping my insides 2. homesickness rearing its ugly little head C. the universe trying to tell me I'm more of a colossal idiot than I originally thought or 4. something that hasn't even dawned on me yet. Whatever the cause, I wish it would go away.
As much as I didn't like Holland and have way too many bad memories of the area, it will always be the place where my parents, my puppies and my pals reside. It's always going to bug me when I see them posting fun things on Facebook that they are doing without me.
But will there be a day that it doesn't bring me to tears?
No comments:
Post a Comment